How can I protect myself from getting COVID-19?
The best way to protect yourself from getting COVID-19 is to avoid exposure.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing and after you have been in a public place.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Wear a face mask if you are sick. Face masks are not helpful if you are well, unless you are caring for someone who is sick with a respiratory infection.
- Clean and disinfect doorknobs, phones, keyboards, counters, toilets, faucets and sinks every day.
 CDC How to Protect Yourself https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
Other questions related to Coronavirus and COVID-19
- What are the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine?
- What do I do if I get COVID symptoms from the vaccine?
- How does the vaccine affect people with allergies?
- What is COVID-19?
- How do people become infected with COVID-19?
- Who should be tested for COVID-19?
- How many times will I need to be vaccinated?
- Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- How can I tell if I have COVID-19?
- How dangerous is COVID-19?