Can things go back to normal for me once I get the vaccine?
You’ll still need to follow COVID-19 prevention guidelines like wearing a mask, staying six feet away from others, and washing your hands frequently after you’ve been vaccinated. That’s because while it is highly effective at protecting you from becoming infected with the COVID-19 virus, it’s not yet known how long the vaccine’s protection lasts or how effective it is at reducing the spread of COVID-19.
Other questions related to Coronavirus and COVID-19
- Is there anyone who shouldn't get the vaccine?
- How can I tell if I have COVID-19?
- Who should be tested for COVID-19?
- How can I protect myself from getting COVID-19?
- Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- Do I have to pay for the vaccine?
- How many times will I need to be vaccinated?
- Can children get the vaccine or just adults at this time?
- Who is getting vaccinated first?
- Can people who are vaccinated still spread COVID-19 to others? For example, is there a chance they "carry" the infection but wouldn't know?