Do I need to schedule an appointment?
Amwell is designed for on-demand care so no appointment is necessary. After you register and log in to Amwell, doctors who are available for a visit will appear on your screen. You can browse doctor profiles and select who you want to see by clicking on the green “Connect” button. If no one is available, you will be placed in a "waiting room" and notified by text message once a doctor becomes available.
Other questions related to Online Urgent Care
- What is an online doctor visit?
- What if I don't have health insurance?
- Can a doctor on Amwell order lab tests for me?
- Is my online doctor visit private and secure?
- How much does an online doctor visit on Amwell cost?
- Can I see a doctor online if I am traveling or in another state?
- If my condition cannot be treated through Amwell, can I still discuss it with a doctor?
- Who are the doctors?
- How long is a typical online doctor visit on Amwell?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a doctor on weekends, holidays or at night?