How do I receive collaborative psychiatric care?
Call your primary care provider’s office and obtain their office fax number. You will need to enter your doctor’s fax number on our platform to enable us to coordinate your care. When you call your primary care provider’s office, inform the office that you will be getting your psychiatric care online and that they will be getting a note from your psychiatric visit outlining your diagnosis and treatment plan which may contain specific requests for your primary care provider. Advocate for yourself by explaining that you would like for them to work together with your psychiatric provider, who will be available to discuss your care with them anytime.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- Is my online psychiatry visit private and secure?
- How might I get controlled medications from my primary care provider?
- Why would I see a psychiatrist online?
- Why do we recommend collaborative psychiatry?
- Can my child see a psychiatrist?
- What is an online psychiatry session like?
- How long is a typical telepsychiatry visit on Amwell?
- I have a question that isn’t listed here. Can you help me?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry safer for me?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a therapist on weekends, holidays or at night?