How do mosquitoes spread Zika?
Mosquitoes, specifically an Aedes species mosquito (the same mosquitoes that spread dengue and chikungunya), spread the virus through bites. If a mosquito bites someone with Zika and then bites another person, it’ll pass along the virus through the bloodstream.
Other questions related to Zika
- How long should I wait to get pregnant after traveling to an area where Zika is a risk?
- How do mosquitoes get Zika in the first place?
- Is there a Zika vaccine available?
- Should I avoid travel to any areas due to Zika?
- Do Zika-infected mosquitoes have to bite you to give you the virus, or can they just land on you?