How many shots do I need to get in total?
Two. Both COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the U.S. require two shots in order for you to get the maximum protection. Depending on which vaccine you receive, you will need to get your second shot either three or four weeks after your first shot.
Other questions related to Coronavirus and COVID-19
- What about pregnant women? Should they get vaccinated?
- How can I protect myself from getting COVID-19?
- Is there anyone who shouldn't get the vaccine?
- How many times will I need to be vaccinated?
- How does the vaccine affect people with allergies?
- Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- Can people who are vaccinated still spread COVID-19 to others? For example, is there a chance they "carry" the infection but wouldn't know?
- Can children get the vaccine or just adults at this time?
- What are the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Who should be tested for COVID-19?