How many shots do I need to get in total?
Two. Both COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the U.S. require two shots in order for you to get the maximum protection. Depending on which vaccine you receive, you will need to get your second shot either three or four weeks after your first shot.
Other questions related to Coronavirus and COVID-19
- How many times will I need to be vaccinated?
- Can children get the vaccine or just adults at this time?
- How can I tell if I have COVID-19?
- What is COVID-19?
- Can things go back to normal for me once I get the vaccine?
- How does the vaccine affect people with allergies?
- Who should be tested for COVID-19?
- Is there a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot?
- How can I protect myself from getting COVID-19?
- How do people become infected with COVID-19?