How many times will I need to be vaccinated?
Currently, there are two COVID-19 vaccines available in the U.S. Both require two shots in order for you to get the maximum protection. Depending on which vaccine you receive, you will need to get your second shot either three or four weeks after your first shot. Researchers are still studying another vaccine that requires only one shot.
Other questions related to Coronavirus and COVID-19
- Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- Can people who are vaccinated still spread COVID-19 to others? For example, is there a chance they "carry" the infection but wouldn't know?
- How dangerous is COVID-19?
- Can things go back to normal for me once I get the vaccine?
- What are the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine?
- What do I do if I get COVID symptoms from the vaccine?
- How will vaccines be distributed? Just hospitals and maybe CVS/Walgreens/pharmacies because of the cold temperature requirement?
- Who is getting vaccinated first?
- How can I tell if I have COVID-19?
- How many vaccination shots are available in the U.S.?