How safe is the information being shared during a virtual doctor visits appointment?
UnitedHealthcare requires all network providers, including virtual doctor visit providers, to comply with all applicable laws, including laws relating to the security and confidentiality of patient information. Virtual Doctor Visits providers are covered entities under HIPAA and its regulations. Therefore, these providers have direct legal requirements to protect and secure confidential patient information. Virtual visit providers determine the manner and means by which they meet these privacy and security requirements. More information regarding security and privacy is available on the virtual doctor visit providers' websites.
Other questions related to UnitedHealthCare Virtual Visits on Amwell
- Are virtual doctor visits covered under my employer's UnitedHealthcare health plan? What kinds of medical services can be provided using a virtual doctor visit?
- What should I consider when choosing a network Virtual Doctor Visits provider?
- Where can I find out what providers are in the virtual doctor visit network and how do I access them?
- What happens once I reach the virtual doctor visit provider group's website? What happens during an actual virtual doctor visit?
- Are additional languages (besides English) supported by virtual doctor visit provider groups?
- How long is the wait to see a doctor once I am at the provider group's site? Can I schedule an appointment instead of waiting?
- Will virtual doctor visit information be shared with my Primary Care Physician (PCP)?
- Some virtual doctor visit provider groups list other services like nutrition counseling, lactation services, therapy, and psychology services. Are these covered under my virtual doctor visit benefit?