Is there a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has not determined whether future booster shots might be needed for either of the two mRNA COVID-19 vaccines currently available. Only the two initial shots of the vaccine are recommended at this time.
Other questions related to Coronavirus and COVID-19
- How many shots do I need to get in total?
- Who should be tested for COVID-19?
- Can children get the vaccine or just adults at this time?
- How will vaccines be distributed? Just hospitals and maybe CVS/Walgreens/pharmacies because of the cold temperature requirement?
- How many vaccination shots are available in the U.S.?
- How does the vaccine affect people with allergies?
- What do I do if I get COVID symptoms from the vaccine?
- What does the vaccine actually mean for changes for daily life? Still wear a mask and keep distance?
- Can people who are vaccinated still spread COVID-19 to others? For example, is there a chance they "carry" the infection but wouldn't know?
- Is there anyone who shouldn't get the vaccine?