Is there a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has not determined whether future booster shots might be needed for either of the two mRNA COVID-19 vaccines currently available. Only the two initial shots of the vaccine are recommended at this time.
Other questions related to Coronavirus and COVID-19
- Who is getting vaccinated first?
- What about pregnant women? Should they get vaccinated?
- How do people become infected with COVID-19?
- Is there anyone who shouldn't get the vaccine?
- How many vaccination shots are available in the U.S.?
- Can people who are vaccinated still spread COVID-19 to others? For example, is there a chance they "carry" the infection but wouldn't know?
- Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- Can things go back to normal for me once I get the vaccine?
- How many times will I need to be vaccinated?
- How dangerous is COVID-19?