Some virtual doctor visit provider groups list other services like nutrition counseling, lactation services, therapy, and psychology services. Are these covered under my virtual doctor visit benefit?
Not at this time. While you can choose to obtain these additional services from the virtual doctor visit provider, the services will not be covered under your virtual doctor visit benefit and you will be responsible for the full cost of these services. The costs for these services will not count towards your deductible or out-of-pocket maximum.
Other questions related to UnitedHealthCare Virtual Visits on Amwell
- How safe is the information being shared during a virtual doctor visits appointment?
- Will virtual doctor visit information be shared with my Primary Care Physician (PCP)?
- What happens once I reach the virtual doctor visit provider group's website? What happens during an actual virtual doctor visit?
- What should I consider when choosing a network Virtual Doctor Visits provider?
- Where can I find out what providers are in the virtual doctor visit network and how do I access them?
- Are additional languages (besides English) supported by virtual doctor visit provider groups?
- Are virtual doctor visits covered under my employer's UnitedHealthcare health plan? What kinds of medical services can be provided using a virtual doctor visit?
- How long is the wait to see a doctor once I am at the provider group's site? Can I schedule an appointment instead of waiting?