The vaccine helps prevent COVID-19 but how long does the "immunity/prevention" last for?
It’s not yet known how long vaccines provide protection against COVID-19. That’s because both the disease and the vaccines to protect against it are new.
Other questions related to Coronavirus and COVID-19
- What is COVID-19?
- What do I do if I get COVID symptoms from the vaccine?
- How can I protect myself from getting COVID-19?
- How will vaccines be distributed? Just hospitals and maybe CVS/Walgreens/pharmacies because of the cold temperature requirement?
- How many times will I need to be vaccinated?
- Is there a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot?
- Can people who are vaccinated still spread COVID-19 to others? For example, is there a chance they "carry" the infection but wouldn't know?
- Can children get the vaccine or just adults at this time?
- What are the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Who is getting vaccinated first?