What are some complications from strep throat?
If strep throat is left untreated it can cause serious complications, including:
- scarlet fever
- an ear infection
- post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis (inflammation of the kidneys)
- rheumatic fever
Other questions related to Strep Throat
- Is strep throat more common in kids than adults?
- Does strep throat go away on its own?
- Can you get strep throat multiple times?
- What does strep throat look like?
- What are the signs of strep throat?
- Are there any home remedies for pain relief with strep throat?
- How long does strep throat typically last?
- How long is the incubation period for strep?
- What does strep rash look like?
- Should I stay away from my pets if I have strep throat? Can animals get it?