What are some complications from strep throat?
If strep throat is left untreated it can cause serious complications, including:
- scarlet fever
- an ear infection
- post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis (inflammation of the kidneys)
- rheumatic fever
Other questions related to Strep Throat
- Does strep throat go away on its own?
- Can you get strep throat multiple times?
- Is strep throat more common in kids than adults?
- Are there any home remedies for pain relief with strep throat?
- Is strep throat contagious?
- Can you get strep throat without tonsils?
- What does strep rash look like?
- What does strep throat look like?
- What are the signs of strep throat?
- Can one have strep throat without a fever?