What does the vaccine actually mean for changes for daily life? Still wear a mask and keep distance?
It’s not yet known how long the vaccine’s protection lasts or how effective it is at reducing the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, so you’ll still need to follow all the recommendations for protecting yourself and others. That includes covering your mouth and nose with a mask, staying six feet away from others, and washing your hands frequently. This guidance may change over time, as more people get vaccinated and as experts monitor how effective the vaccines are and how the virus is spreading.
Other questions related to Coronavirus and COVID-19
- How many times will I need to be vaccinated?
- Can children get the vaccine or just adults at this time?
- What are the side effects of the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Do I have to pay for the vaccine?
- What do I do if I get COVID symptoms from the vaccine?
- Can things go back to normal for me once I get the vaccine?
- How many vaccination shots are available in the U.S.?
- What is COVID-19?
- How can I tell if I have COVID-19?
- Can I get COVID-19 from the vaccine?