What is an International board certified lactation consultant? Are all of your lactation consultants IBCLCs?
Yes, all of our lactation consultants are current IBCLCs—International Board Certified Lactation Consultants. The IBCLC credential is the gold-standard in breastfeeding care. Each consultant has had thorough lactation education, completed a lactation-specific clinical internship and passed a board examination. In addition, they must recertify every 5 years and retest every 10 years, so you can be confident their education and expertise is always up-to-date.
Other questions related to Breastfeeding Support
- Why would I see a lactation consultant?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment to see a lactation consultant?
- Are consult sessions recorded?
- How much does a visit cost?
- What states allow lactation consults online?
- What is online lactation counseling?
- How long is a visit and what can I expect when I login to start my appointment?
- Is my lactation consult private and secure?
- Can I see the same lactation consultant if I like them for a follow up visit?
- How many consultations will I need?