What is an International board certified lactation consultant? Are all of your lactation consultants IBCLCs?
Yes. All of our lactation consultants are current IBCLCs—International Board Certified Lactation Consultants. The IBCLC credential is the gold-standard in breastfeeding care. Each consultant has had a thorough lactation education, completed a lactation-specific clinical internship, and passed a board examination. In addition, they must re‑certify every 5 years and re‑test every 10 years, so you can be confident their education and expertise is always up‑to‑date.
Other questions related to Breastfeeding Support
- Which states allow lactation consults online?
- Can I see the same lactation consultant if I like them for a follow up visit?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment to see a lactation consultant?
- What is online lactation counseling?
- Are consult sessions recorded?
- How long is a visit and what can I expect when I login to start my appointment?
- Why would I see a lactation consultant?
- How much does a visit cost?
- How many consultations will I need?
- Will my health insurance pay for it?