What is dysthymia?
Dysthymia is very similar to major depressive disorder, but it is less severe. However, dysthymia symptoms typically last longer. To be diagnosed with dysthymia, a person will have this milder form of depression for more than two years.
Other questions related to Depression
- What is antenatal, postnatal, and perinatal depression?
- What is major depressive disorder?
- What does it mean to have high functioning depression?
- What is seasonal affective disorder (SAD)?
- What are the differences between depression and grief/sadness?
- How do I know if I have depression?
- What is melancholia?