Foot pain treatment online
Get advice about foot pain with an online diagnosis, treatment plan, and electronically filled prescriptions from board-certified physicians 24/7.
Foot pain symptoms can vary, but patients typically experience:
- And more.
Diagnosing and Treating Foot Pain Online
Foot pain can refer to pain in the toes, heel, arch, or soles and can be the result of an underlying condition, overuse, or irritation. One common cause of foot pain is arthritis. There are also a number of other common causes that can be isolated to various areas of the foot, including:
- Heel pain, which can be caused by plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, or a fracture
- Ball pain, which is caused by a number of conditions, such as metatarsalgia, Morton's neuroma, and sesamoiditis
- Arch pain, which may result from plantar fasciitis or fallen arches
- Toe pain, which can be caused by gout, bunions, hammertoe, or a fracture
During a video consult on Amwell, one of our board-certified doctors will ask you a series of targeted questions to determine if your symptoms point to foot pain. Then your physician will proceed to determine the best treatment plan for you. With our video capabilities, you can bring your phone, tablet or desktop with video close to your foot, so your provider can get a clear view. Your diagnosis will be based on the physical exam, duration, severity of symptoms and your medical history.
Once a diagnosis has been made, your doctor will go over the risks and benefits of the various treatment plans. Treatment for foot pain is different depending on the severity.
Options for treatment of foot pain may include:
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Physical therapy
- Consider changing your shoe choices - supportive shoes will help with foot pain