Are there any home remedies for pain relief with strep throat?
To soothe the pain of strep throat, stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water or other cool beverages. If you find warm drinks more comforting, try tea or broth. Throat lozenges, hard candies, or frozen fruit pops can also help ease your strep throat. When eating, stick to soft foods. Gargling with saltwater can also help; it reduces swelling and irritation . Mix ¼ teaspoon of salt with 4 ounces of warm water and gargle with it, but don’t swallow. If your strep throat is still sore, consider an over-the-counter pain reliever such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or acetaminophen (Tylenol). Never give aspirin to children under age 18.
Other questions related to Strep Throat
- How long does strep throat typically last?
- Is strep throat contagious?
- Should I stay away from my pets if I have strep throat? Can animals get it?
- Can one have strep throat without a fever?
- Does strep throat go away on its own?
- What are some complications from strep throat?
- Can you get strep throat without tonsils?
- How do you get strep?
- What does strep rash look like?
- What are the signs of strep throat?