Can I get a prescription for diabetes medication online?
Generally speaking, refills or bridge prescriptions are available from your Amwell physician with an online video visit; however, in those states that allow it, new prescriptions for non-controlled medications (diabetes medications are not controlled substances) may be prescribed at the discretion of your Amwell physician, who will make that determination after conducting your online exam and obtaining information from you such as the timing and results of your last lab tests, and when you last had a physical exam. More information is available in the FAQs on our Prescriptions resource page that offer further clarification.
Other questions related to Diabetes
- How important is it for me to manage my diabetes?
- What are common causes of Type 2 diabetes?
- What is the difference between Type 1, Type 2, and gestational diabetes?
- Can telemedicine improve a patient's ability to self-manage diabetes?
- How can a telemedicine visit be better than an in-person visit?
- What diet is recommended for people with diabetes?
- What is a bridge prescription?
- What if I don’t have current vitals before my visit?