Can I get a prescription for hypertension medication online?
Generally speaking, refills or bridge prescriptions are available from your Amwell physician with an online video visit. In those states that allow it, new prescriptions for non-controlled medications (hypertension medications usually are not controlled substances) may be prescribed at the discretion of your Amwell physician. The physician will make that determination after conducting your online exam and obtaining information from you such as the timing and results of your last lab tests, and when you last had a physical exam. More information is available in the FAQs on our Prescriptions resource page that offer further clarification.
Other questions related to Hypertension
- Does coffee affect high blood pressure?
- How can a telemedicine visit be better than an in-person visit?
- What does high blood pressure feel like?
- What if I don't have current vitals before my visit?
- Does alcohol affect high blood pressure?
- Does salt affect high blood pressure?
- What are foods to avoid with high blood pressure?
- Can telemedicine improve a patient's ability to self-manage hypertension?
- Are there any natural or home remedies to lower your blood pressure? Note: that some of these remedies have not been proven scientifically.
- What is the difference between diastolic and systolic blood pressure numbers and what do they mean?