Does strep throat go away on its own?
Strep throat typically goes away within three to seven days with or without antibiotic treatment. If strep throat is not treated with antibiotics, you may be contagious for two to three weeks and at a higher risk for complications such as rheumatic fever.
Other questions related to Strep Throat
- Is strep throat contagious?
- Should I stay away from my pets if I have strep throat? Can animals get it?
- Can you get strep throat without tonsils?
- How do you get strep?
- What does strep rash look like?
- How long does strep throat typically last?
- Can you get strep throat multiple times?
- What are some complications from strep throat?
- Are there any home remedies for pain relief with strep throat?
- What are the signs of strep throat?