Given the rise in antibiotic resistance, when do you recommend a patient uses antibiotics for sinus infections?
Doctors on Amwell follow the standard of care and recommendations provided by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) with regard to treatment and antibiotic prescription. There are specific symptoms we look for as well as symptom duration to consider when deciding whether or not to prescribe a patient antibiotics. By nature, sinus infections take a long time to heal; antibiotics are not always the recommended form of treatment.
Other questions related to Sinus Infection
- What is the difference between a sinus infection and a cold?
- Is a sinus infection contagious?
- How does an online doctor tell if it is a sinus infection or a cold?
- Is there a best antibiotic for a sinus infection?
- Are there any home remedies for sinus infections?
- If I only take one day off, which one would you suggest?
- How can one get rid of a sinus infection?
- How long does a sinus infection last?