How do I receive this collaborative psychiatric care?
Call your primary care provider’s office and obtain their office fax number. You will need to enter your doctor’s fax number on our platform to enable us to coordinate your care. When you call your primary care provider’s office, inform the office that you will be getting your psychiatric care online and that they will be getting a note from your psychiatric visit outlining your diagnosis and treatment plan which may contain specific requests for your primary care provider. Advocate for yourself by explaining that you would like for them to work together with your psychiatric provider, who will be available to discuss your care with them anytime.
Other questions related to Collaborative Care
- How might I get controlled medications from my primary care provider?
- What if I don’t currently have a primary care provider or I find that the one I have doesn’t want to work with me in this way?
- Is there any additional cost for getting collaborative psychiatric care?
- What is the role of the psychiatrist in the collaborative care?
- Why do we recommend collaborative psychiatry?
- What is my primary care provider’s role in this collaboration?
- Why will I get more fully well with collaborative psychiatry?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- What are controlled substance medications?
- What do we mean by Collaborative Care Psychiatry?