How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
Besides regularly sharing notes and test results back and forth, there will be a secure voicemail line for your psychiatrist that your primary care provider will have access to allowing them to either speak on the phone or leave each other messages. It is very important that you do not use this voicemail to communicate with your psychiatrist, as it is for primary care providers only and using it may prevent other doctors from being able to communicate with our psychiatrists. Please be aware that your psychiatrist will not respond to messages left on this line by patients.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- Why will I get more fully well with collaborative psychiatry?
- Can I see a psychiatrist online if I am traveling or in another state?
- Can my child see a psychiatrist?
- Who are the psychiatrists?
- Is my online psychiatry visit private and secure?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for telepsychiatry?
- What is an online psychiatry session like?
- What is the role of the psychiatrist in the collaborative care?
- Why would I see a psychiatrist online?
- Why do we recommend collaborative psychiatry?