How does an online doctor determine if a pink eye infection is viral or bacterial?
Doctors on Amwell take into consideration the specific symptoms and their duration when diagnosing pink eye. A detailed medical history will also help a doctor on Amwell determine the diagnosis and proper course of treatment.
Other questions related to Pink Eye
- What is chemical conjunctivitis?
- My day care requires antibiotic eye drops to be administered before allowing the child to return. Is this common? How should I approach care for my child if he probably has a viral infection?
- How long does pink eye last?
- What is neonatal conjunctivitis?
- How long is pink eye contagious? How does it spread?
- What is allergic conjunctivitis?
- Is there over the counter treatment for pink eye?
- What is epidemic keratoconjunctivitis?
- How do you get pink eye?
- What is herpes simplex conjunctivitis?