How long does strep throat typically last?
If you do not receive treatment for strep throat with antibiotics, you will remain contagious for two to three weeks. You will be much less contagious if you begin treatment with antibiotics – even after 24 hours.
Other questions related to Strep Throat
- What are the signs of strep throat?
- Should I stay away from my pets if I have strep throat? Can animals get it?
- Is strep throat contagious?
- Does strep throat go away on its own?
- Is strep throat more common in kids than adults?
- How do you get strep?
- Are there any home remedies for pain relief with strep throat?
- Can one have strep throat without a fever?
- What are some complications from strep throat?
- What does strep throat look like?