How long does strep throat typically last?
If you do not receive treatment for strep throat with antibiotics, you will remain contagious for two to three weeks. You will be much less contagious if you begin treatment with antibiotics – even after 24 hours.
Other questions related to Strep Throat
- What does strep throat look like?
- Should I stay away from my pets if I have strep throat? Can animals get it?
- Is strep throat contagious?
- Does strep throat go away on its own?
- How long is the incubation period for strep?
- What are the signs of strep throat?
- Can you get strep throat multiple times?
- What does strep rash look like?
- Can you get strep throat without tonsils?
- Is strep throat more common in kids than adults?