How long is a typical telepsychiatry visit on Amwell?
An initial telepsychiatry consultation is 45 minutes. Follow-up visits are 15 minutes. If a psychiatrist deems additional behavioral talk therapy to be appropriate for your mental health, he/she can refer you to a psychologist of counselor within the Amwell network.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- What is Telepsychiatry?
- Can I see a psychiatrist if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- Can my child see a psychiatrist?
- Why will I get more fully well with collaborative psychiatry?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- What is the role of the psychiatrist in the collaborative care?
- What is Collaborative Care Psychiatry?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry safer for me?
- What is the difference between a therapist and psychiatrist?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a therapist on weekends, holidays or at night?