How long is a typical telepsychiatry visit on Amwell?
An initial telepsychiatry consultation lasts 45 minutes. Follow‑up visits are 15 minutes. If a psychiatrist deems additional behavioral talk therapy to be appropriate for your mental health, he/she can refer you to a psychologist or counselor within the Amwell network.
Other questions related to Online Psychiatry
- Why is collaborative psychiatry more efficient?
- How do I receive collaborative psychiatric care?
- What is Collaborative Care Psychiatry?
- Can I see a psychiatrist if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- Will my primary care provider be notified about my online psychiatry visit on Amwell?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for telepsychiatry?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- What is the role of the psychiatrist in the collaborative care?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry safer for me?
- What are controlled substance medications?