How long is a visit and what can I expect when I login to start my appointment?
Our initial appointments are 50 minutes in length and our follow up appointments are 30 minutes in length. At the first appointment, a lactation consultant will review the health history for you and your baby to get a holistic understanding of the questions and issues you are having. We also like to perform a feeding assessment to help identify any problems and work with you to troubleshoot solutions. Finally, we come up with an individualized breastfeeding care plan that will be made accessible to you via your patient profile. The breastfeeding plan will review any topics discussed or instructions given at your appointment. We will also include any patient educational materials that might be beneficial to your unique situation.
Other questions related to Breastfeeding Support
- Do I need to schedule an appointment to see a lactation consultant?
- What is online lactation counseling?
- How much does a visit cost?
- What states allow lactation consults online?
- Are consult sessions recorded?
- Why would I see a lactation consultant?
- How many consultations will I need?
- Is my lactation consult private and secure?
- What is an International board certified lactation consultant? Are all of your lactation consultants IBCLCs?
- Can I see the same lactation consultant if I like them for a follow up visit?