How long is a visit and what can I expect when I login to start my appointment?
Our initial appointments are 50 minutes in length and our follow up appointments are 30 minutes. At the first appointment, a lactation consultant will review you and your baby’s health history to get a holistic understanding of the questions and issues you are having. When applicable, we perform a feeding assessment to help identify any problems and work with you to troubleshoot solutions. Finally, we come up with an individualized breastfeeding care plan that will be made accessible to you via your patient profile. The breastfeeding plan will review any topics discussed or instructions given at your appointment. We will also include any patient educational materials that may be beneficial to your unique situation.
Other questions related to Breastfeeding Support
- Why would I see a lactation consultant?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment to see a lactation consultant?
- How much does a visit cost?
- What is online lactation counseling?
- What is an International board certified lactation consultant? Are all of your lactation consultants IBCLCs?
- Is my lactation consult private and secure?
- Are consult sessions recorded?
- How many consultations will I need?
- Will my health insurance pay for it?
- Which states allow lactation consults online?