How long is pink eye contagious? How does it spread?
Pink eye can be contagious for up to two weeks, or until symptoms subside. Symptoms of pink eye include eye drainage, and red, swollen crusty eyelids. While many cases of pink eye infects only one eye, this infection can spread to the other eye. It is important to practice good hand washing and avoid touching your face when around anyone who has pink eye.
Other questions related to Pink Eye
- What is herpes simplex conjunctivitis?
- What is allergic conjunctivitis?
- How does an online doctor determine if a pink eye infection is viral or bacterial?
- My day care requires antibiotic eye drops to be administered before allowing the child to return. Is this common? How should I approach care for my child if he probably has a viral infection?
- What is epidemic keratoconjunctivitis?
- What is neonatal conjunctivitis?
- Is there over the counter treatment for pink eye?
- How long does pink eye last?
- How do you get pink eye?
- What is chemical conjunctivitis?