How long is pink eye contagious? How does it spread?
Pink eye can be contagious for up to two weeks, or until symptoms subside. Symptoms of pink eye include eye drainage, and red, swollen crusty eyelids. While many cases of pink eye infects only one eye, this infection can spread to the other eye. It is important to practice good hand washing and avoid touching your face when around anyone who has pink eye.
Other questions related to Pink Eye
- My day care requires antibiotic eye drops to be administered before allowing the child to return. Is this common? How should I approach care for my child if he probably has a viral infection?
- What is neonatal conjunctivitis?
- What is herpes simplex conjunctivitis?
- How does an online doctor determine if a pink eye infection is viral or bacterial?
- How long does pink eye last?
- Is there over the counter treatment for pink eye?
- What is epidemic keratoconjunctivitis?
- What is chemical conjunctivitis?
- What is allergic conjunctivitis?
- How do you get pink eye?