Is strep throat more common in kids than adults?
Yes. Strep throat is most common among children ages 5 to 15. It’s rare in children under the age of 3.
While strep throat is not very common in adults, some adults can be at higher risk of catching the illness. This includes parents of school-age children and adults who have a lot of contact with children and those under high stress.
Other questions related to Strep Throat
- Are there any home remedies for pain relief with strep throat?
- What does strep rash look like?
- Can you get strep throat multiple times?
- Is strep throat contagious?
- Should I stay away from my pets if I have strep throat? Can animals get it?
- Does strep throat go away on its own?
- What are the signs of strep throat?
- Can one have strep throat without a fever?
- How do you get strep?
- Can you get strep throat without tonsils?