Who are the psychiatrists?
The telepsychiatry services on Amwell are provided by a network of licensed physicians board-certified in psychiatry and neurology. They can provide a thorough assessment and follow up visits for medication management. Each psychiatrist is licensed to practice in their state, and is trained in delivering care via telehealth. In addition to psychiatrists, we have online licensed psychologists, therapists and counselors who can provide counseling services.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- What is the role of the psychiatrist in the collaborative care?
- Is my online psychiatry visit private and secure?
- Can I see a psychiatrist if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- What is my primary care provider’s role in this collaboration?
- How long is a typical telepsychiatry visit on Amwell?
- How do I receive collaborative psychiatric care?
- Can I see a psychiatrist online if I am traveling or in another state?
- What are controlled substance medications?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a therapist on weekends, holidays or at night?