What if I don’t have current vitals before my visit?
Your Amwell physician can learn a lot about your diabetes from vital signs, but obviously is not able to take them during the visit. Having current vital sign results will make the online session more effective. Examples of vital signs you should provide to your Amwell physician include: most recent Hemoglobin A1c; a range of your recent blood glucose levels for morning, before lunch, before dinner and bedtime; and most recent blood pressure.
Other questions related to Diabetes
- What diet is recommended for people with diabetes?
- What is a bridge prescription?
- Can I get a prescription for diabetes medication online?
- How important is it for me to manage my diabetes?
- What is the difference between Type 1, Type 2, and gestational diabetes?
- How can a telemedicine visit be better than an in-person visit?
- What are common causes of Type 2 diabetes?
- Can telemedicine improve a patient's ability to self-manage diabetes?