What is a bridge prescription?
When an Amwell physician determines you need a change in medication, he or she may prescribe a “bridge prescription.” A bridge prescription is an order for a limited supply of medication – usually enough for 15 to 30 days – that will cover your needs until you can see your primary care physician and receive a physical examination to determine if the medication is right for you and if a longer-lasting supply is warranted.
Other questions related to Diabetes
- What if I don’t have current vitals before my visit?
- How can a telemedicine visit be better than an in-person visit?
- How important is it for me to manage my diabetes?
- Can I get a prescription for diabetes medication online?
- What diet is recommended for people with diabetes?
- Can telemedicine improve a patient's ability to self-manage diabetes?
- What is the difference between Type 1, Type 2, and gestational diabetes?
- What are common causes of Type 2 diabetes?