What is an online psychiatry session like?
An online psychiatry session is essentially the same as an office visit but more convenient since are seen from location of your choosing, eliminating the need for travel. You will be asked about your current emotional symptoms, potential factors contributing to these symptoms, your history and what you would like to be accomplished in your visit. Using all this information your psychiatrist will come up with a thorough assessment and treatment plan. This will be an ongoing conversation and, as they get to know you better over time, the plan can change as your needs change.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- Will my primary care provider be notified about my online psychiatry visit on Amwell?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- How might I get controlled medications from my primary care provider?
- Can my child see a psychiatrist?
- What is Collaborative Care Psychiatry?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry safer for me?
- Can I see a psychiatrist online if I am traveling or in another state?
- Who are the psychiatrists?
- I have a question that isn’t listed here. Can you help me?
- How much does a visit cost?