What is an online psychiatry session like?
An online psychiatry session is essentially the same as an office visit, but with the convenience and location of your choosing, eliminating the need for travel. You will be asked about your current emotional symptoms, potential factors contributing to these symptoms, your history, and what you would like to accomplish during your visit. Using this information, your psychiatrist will develop a thorough assessment and recommend a treatment plan. This will be an ongoing conversation that adapts as your needs change over time and your psychiatrist gets to know you better.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- Can I see a psychiatrist online if I am traveling or in another state?
- Will my primary care provider be notified about my online psychiatry visit on Amwell?
- How do I receive collaborative psychiatric care?
- What are controlled substance medications?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a therapist on weekends, holidays or at night?
- Why do we recommend collaborative psychiatry?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry safer for me?
- What is the difference between a therapist and psychiatrist?
- Why would I see a psychiatrist online?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?