What is an online psychiatry session like?
An online psychiatry session is essentially the same as an office visit, but with the convenience and location of your choosing, eliminating the need for travel. You will be asked about your current emotional symptoms, potential factors contributing to these symptoms, your history, and what you would like to accomplish during your visit. Using this information, your psychiatrist will develop a thorough assessment and recommend a treatment plan. This will be an ongoing conversation that adapts as your needs change over time and your psychiatrist gets to know you better.
Other questions related to Online Psychiatry
- What is Telepsychiatry?
- Can I see a psychiatrist if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- What is the role of the psychiatrist in the collaborative care?
- Is my online psychiatry visit private and secure?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry safer for me?
- How long is a typical telepsychiatry visit on Amwell?
- What is my primary care provider’s role in this collaboration?
- Will my primary care provider be notified about my online psychiatry visit on Amwell?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for telepsychiatry?
- Why would I see a psychiatrist online?