What is melancholia?
Melancholia is a form of severe depression where many physicial symptoms of depression are present. Very common symptoms typically include:
- When a person starts to move more slowly
- They are more likely to have a depressed mood that can be characterised by a complete loss of pleasure
Other questions related to Depression
- What is antenatal, postnatal, and perinatal depression?
- What are the differences between depression and grief/sadness?
- What is dysthymia?
- What is major depressive disorder?
- How do I know if I have depression?
- What does it mean to have high functioning depression?
- What is seasonal affective disorder (SAD)?