What is Telepsychiatry?
Through the Amwell website or mobile app, you can see a psychiatrist face-to-face from the privacy and comfort of your own home to address common behavioral health challenges. Psychiatrists are different than Amwell’s therapists in that they have the ability to prescribe medications for the treatment of diagnosed mental disorders.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for telepsychiatry?
- What is my primary care provider’s role in this collaboration?
- Can my child see a psychiatrist?
- What is the role of the psychiatrist in the collaborative care?
- How do I receive collaborative psychiatric care?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry safer for me?
- What is an online psychiatry session like?
- Is my online psychiatry visit private and secure?
- Can I see a psychiatrist if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?