What is the difference between a therapist and psychiatrist?
A patient would see a psychiatrist for medication management and a psychologist for talk therapy. Sometimes the best form of treatment is a combination of both talk therapy and medication management. Psychiatrists and therapists are each able to evaluate a person to determine whether one or both treatment approaches are necessary, and can make recommendations based on their assessment.
Other questions related to Online Psychiatry
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for telepsychiatry?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a therapist on weekends, holidays or at night?
- What is my primary care provider’s role in this collaboration?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry safer for me?
- What is an online psychiatry session like?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- I have a question that isn’t listed here. Can you help me?
- Who are the psychiatrists?
- Can I see a psychiatrist if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- What if I don’t like my psychiatrist?