What is the difference between GAD and social anxiety?
Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is excessive worrying, whereas social anxiety only occurs in or is triggered by having to perform in social situations (i.e. eating, talking, etc. in front of others).
Other questions related to Anxiety
- What are natural ways to help reduce anxiety?
- What is a panic attack (also known as an anxiety attack)?
- What are the different types of anxiety?
- What is the difference between an anxiety attack and a panic attack?
- Are there benefits to having a neurotic personality?
- What causes anxiety?
- Are there any physical symptoms of anxiety?
- What types of therapy treatment can help reduce neurotic behavior?
- Is anxiety normal?
- Depression vs Anxiety: what are the key differences?