What is the difference between Type 1, Type 2, and gestational diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes occurs when the immune system destroys the cells that release insulin, which is a hormone that helps the body use or store glucose. Type 2 diabetes develops when the body isn’t able to use insulin properly. Gestational diabetes is a condition that pregnant women develop when their body is not able to make and use insulin properly during pregnancy.
Other questions related to Diabetes
- What is a bridge prescription?
- What are common causes of Type 2 diabetes?
- Can telemedicine improve a patient's ability to self-manage diabetes?
- Can I get a prescription for diabetes medication online?
- What diet is recommended for people with diabetes?
- What if I don’t have current vitals before my visit?
- How can a telemedicine visit be better than an in-person visit?
- How important is it for me to manage my diabetes?