What kind of medication can be prescribed on Amwell?
Controlled substances cannot be prescribed via telehealth on Amwell. If you require a controlled substance (i.e., benzodiazepines), the Amwell psychiatrist may be able to coordinate with your primary care physician to have him or her prescribe those medications based on the psychiatrist’s recommendations. Otherwise, all other psychiatric medications can be prescribed by your online psychiatrist.
Other questions related to Online Psychiatry
- Can my child see a psychiatrist?
- How might I get controlled medications from my primary care provider?
- What is Telepsychiatry?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- What is an online psychiatry session like?
- What is the difference between a therapist and psychiatrist?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry more efficient?
- Is my online psychiatry visit private and secure?
- Why would I see a psychiatrist online?
- How long is a typical telepsychiatry visit on Amwell?