What kind of medication can be prescribed on Amwell?
Controlled substances cannot be prescribed via telehealth on Amwell. If you require a controlled substance (i.e., benzodiazepines), the Amwell psychiatrist may be able to coordinate with your primary care physician to have him or her prescribe those medications based on the psychiatrist’s recommendations. Otherwise, all other psychiatric medications can be prescribed by your online psychiatrist.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- What if I don’t like my psychiatrist?
- How much does a visit cost?
- What is an online psychiatry session like?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for telepsychiatry?
- What are controlled substance medications?
- What is the role of the psychiatrist in the collaborative care?
- What is my primary care provider’s role in this collaboration?
- Why will I get more fully well with collaborative psychiatry?
- What is Collaborative Care Psychiatry?