Why is collaborative psychiatry more efficient?
Health care costs and inconveniences are rising due largely to redundancy of services caused by poor communication between providers. To manage your conditions responsibly, laboratory and diagnostic testing and specialist referrals are occasionally needed either for accurate diagnosis or ongoing monitoring. As with controlled substances, these recommendations will be made and carried out through your primary care provider, again avoiding duplication of tests and providing the best coordination of your care.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- What is Telepsychiatry?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for telepsychiatry?
- What if I don’t like my psychiatrist?
- What is an online psychiatry session like?
- What is my primary care provider’s role in this collaboration?
- Why would I see a psychiatrist online?
- I have a question that isn’t listed here. Can you help me?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- How much does a visit cost?
- Can my child see a psychiatrist?