Why will I get more fully well with collaborative psychiatry?
Studies repeatedly show that your overall health can be most improved by coordinating your mental and physical health care. Also, we realize that sometimes controlled substances are necessary to treat your condition, and we want you to receive the optimal treatment rather than offering you an alternative or second choice medication. As part of our collaborative approach, we may also recommend nutrition and/or talk therapy services to help you achieve optimal wellness.
Other questions related to Psychiatry
- What is Telepsychiatry?
- How do I receive collaborative psychiatric care?
- Can I see a psychiatrist online if I am traveling or in another state?
- What is my primary care provider’s role in this collaboration?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for telepsychiatry?
- What is an online psychiatry session like?
- What is the difference between a therapist and psychiatrist?
- Is my online psychiatry visit private and secure?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry more efficient?
- What if I don’t like my psychiatrist?