Why will I get more fully well with collaborative psychiatry?
Studies repeatedly show that your overall health can be most improved by coordinating your mental and physical health care. Also, we realize that sometimes controlled substances are necessary to treat your condition, and we want you to receive the optimal treatment rather than offering you an alternative or second choice medication. As part of our collaborative approach, we may also recommend nutrition and/or talk therapy services to help you achieve optimal wellness.
Other questions related to Collaborative Care
- How might I get controlled medications from my primary care provider?
- What is the role of the psychiatrist in the collaborative care?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry safer for me?
- What do we mean by Collaborative Care Psychiatry?
- Why do we recommend collaborative psychiatry?
- What if I don’t currently have a primary care provider or I find that the one I have doesn’t want to work with me in this way?
- Why is collaborative psychiatry more efficient?
- How do I receive this collaborative psychiatric care?
- How do my psychiatrist and primary care provider communicate with each other?
- What is my primary care provider’s role in this collaboration?