How important is it for me to manage my Birth Control?
Birth control medication is a safe, simple, and convenient way to prevent pregnancy. It also has other benefits like reducing acne, making your periods regular, and easing menstrual cramps. It’s effectiveness, however, is predicated upon you taking the medication every day, or you might not be protected from pregnancy. Also, like most medications, birth control pills can have side effects. While most go away after two or three months, you will want to talk with your doctor about finding another brand of pill or another birth control method. It is imperative, however, that you do not stop taking the pill before you start a new method or you’ll be at risk of pregnancy.
Other questions related to Birth Control Options and
- What is a bridge prescription?
- Can telemedicine improve a patient's ability to self-manage Birth Control?
- What if I don’t have current vital signs and lab results before my visit?
- How can a telemedicine visit be better than an in-person visit?
- Can I get a prescription for Birth Control medication online?