What if I receive a different prescription than my doctor suggested during the visit?
Prescribing is at the sole discretion of your physician. Often times, someone will receive a prescription but that medication will be available in multiple forms. If the medication your provider prescribed is not covered by your insurance, then you may be issued a different medication with the same purpose that is covered by insurance.
If you have questions about your prescription, please reach out to our 24/7 support line at email@example.com or call 877-410-5548. Keep in mind that you can also review the notes section from your visit in your account on Amwell.
Other questions related to Prescriptions
- What are the controlled substances that cannot be prescribed online?
- How do I get a refill of my prescription?
- What is the Federal Ryan Haight Act?
- Which states can receive prescriptions through both video and phone visits?
- Can I receive a prescription during a phone-only visit?
- Which states can receive prescriptions through video visits only?
- How does my child receive a prescription online?
- How will I get my prescription?
- Can I get a prescription online?