What is a bridge prescription?
When an Amwell physician determines you need a change in medication, but due to either state laws or some other reason he or she prefers not to write a full prescription, the physician may furnish you with a “bridge prescription.” A bridge prescription is an order for a limited supply of medication – usually enough for 15 to 30 days – that will cover your needs until you see your primary care physician and receive a physical examination to determine if the medication is right for you and if a longer supply is warranted.
Other questions related to Birth Control Options
- Can telemedicine improve a patient's ability to self-manage Birth Control?
- How important is it for me to manage my Birth Control?
- What if I don’t have current vital signs and lab results before my visit?
- Can I get a prescription for Birth Control medication online?
- How can a telemedicine visit be better than an in-person visit?