What is the Federal Ryan Haight Act?
The Ryan Haight Online Pharmacy Consumer Protection Act was created in the late 1990’s to combat internet pharmacies that were selling controlled substances online. The Act took effect on April 13, 2009 and the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) issued regulations effective on the same date. This Act imposed a federal prohibition on form-only online prescribing for controlled substances.
Other questions related to Prescriptions
- How does my child receive a prescription online?
- Can I receive a prescription during a phone-only visit?
- Can I get a prescription online?
- What are the controlled substances that cannot be prescribed online?
- How do I get a refill of my prescription?
- What if I receive a different prescription than my doctor suggested during the visit?
- How will I get my prescription?
- Which states can receive prescriptions through video visits only?
- Which states can receive prescriptions through both video and phone visits?