Can I see a doctor online if I am traveling or in another state?
Yes. Just make sure to select the state you’re in under ‘My Location’ and you’ll only see doctors licensed to treat you in that state. When using the app, you can choose to update your current state based on mobile geolocation, making it faster to find a doctor whether you are home or on the go. Doctor visits via telehealth are permitted in every state nationwide.
Other questions related to Online Urgent Care
- Will my primary care provider (PCP) be notified about my Amwell visit?
- Can a doctor on Amwell order a prescription refill?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a doctor on weekends, holidays or at night?
- Can a doctor on Amwell order lab tests for me?
- How long is a typical online doctor visit on Amwell?
- Can I get a sick slip or doctor's note from Amwell?
- If my condition cannot be treated through Amwell, can I still discuss it with a doctor?
- Can I see a doctor if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment?
- Can a doctor on Amwell prescribe medication?