Why would I see a doctor online?
Illness or injury can strike at any time. Amwell helps you get back on your feet, no matter where you are or the time of day. You can see a doctor online for a range of issues, from minor illnesses and injuries, symptoms from a chronic condition, or to address general health concerns. Here are a few reasons people go online to see a doctor:
I feel like I should probably see a doctor, but can’t really fit it into my over-booked schedule.
It’s difficult for me to get a doctor’s appointment.
I’m not sure if I should go to the ER or not.
My doctor’s office is closed and I don’t want to go to an urgent care clinic or hospital
I just moved and don’t know any doctors in my area.
I just need a second opinion.
I’m between jobs and have no coverage.
I have a question about a loved-one’s health and would like some advice.
Other questions related to Urgent Care
- I have a question that isn’t listed here. Can you help me?
- Can a doctor on Amwell order lab tests for me?
- Can medical forms (like sick slips) be filled out?
- How long is a typical online doctor visit on Amwell?
- Can I see a doctor if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- Can a doctor on Amwell order a prescription refill?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a doctor on weekends, holidays or at night?
- What is Amwell not for?
- What if I don't have health insurance?