Can a doctor on Amwell prescribe medication?
All doctors on Amwell can provide a prescription in accordance with state laws and when medically appropriate. Some states require a video visit. To find out if you can be prescribed medication via telephone call 1-844-SEE-DOCS. Please note that doctors on Amwell are not allowed to prescribe:
- Controlled substances (narcotics, anxiety medications, ADHD medications
- Muscle relaxants
- Medications for erectile dysfunction
- Any additional state specific controlled medications (additional pain medications, pseudoephedrine)
Check the Amwell availability map to see if your state allows prescriptions via telehealth.
Other questions related to Pregnancy and Postpartum Care
- How much does an online pregnancy and postpartum care visit on Amwell cost?
- What is a pregnancy and postpartum care online visit?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a doctor on weekends, holidays or at night?
- How long is a typical online pregnancy and postpartum care visit on Amwell?
- Can a doctor on Amwell order a prescription refill?
- Why would I see a doctor online?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment?