Can a therapist on Amwell prescribe medication?
None of our therapists prescribe medication. In practice, the therapists are there to listen, understand your situation, identify more effective coping strategies and help you through difficult stages of life. However, physicians and psychiatrists on our system can prescribe most psychiatric medications for patients seen on our system. Our therapists work in collaboration with our physicians to provide this multi-disciplinary care resulting in efficient and effective care.
Other questions related to Menopause Counseling
- What is an online therapy session like?
- Is my online therapy visit private and secure?
- How much does a menopause counseling visit cost?
- Who are the therapists?
- Will be primary care provider be notified about my online therapy visit on Amwell?
- How long is a typical online menopause counseling visit on Amwell?
- What if I don't like my therapist?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for online menopause counseling?
- What is online menopause counseling?
- Why would I see a therapist online?