Can a therapist on Amwell prescribe medication?
None of our therapists prescribe medication. In practice, the therapists are there to listen, understand your situation, identify more effective coping strategies and help you through difficult stages of life. However, physicians and psychiatrists on our system can prescribe most psychiatric medications for patients seen on our system. Our therapists work in collaboration with our physicians to provide this multi-disciplinary care resulting in efficient and effective care.
Other questions related to Menopause Counseling
- I have a question that isn't listed here. Can you help me?
- Are online therapy sessions recorded?
- What is an online therapy session like?
- What is online menopause counseling?
- Can I see a therapist online if I am traveling or in another state?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment for online menopause counseling?
- How much does a menopause counseling visit cost?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a therapist on weekends, holidays, or at night?
- Will be primary care provider be notified about my online therapy visit on Amwell?
- Who are the therapists?